action server education

Minor Service Permits

  • OLCC service permit applicants must be 18 years of age or older. If you
    are 18, 19, or 20 years old, you can apply for a Minor Service Permit.
    **Minimum age to attend the Alcohol Server Education class is sixteen
    because the test scores remain on file for two years; however, they
    cannot be issued a Minor Service permit until they are eighteen-years

  • Minors with valid permits may sell and serve alcohol only in areas
    where food service is the primary activity and in areas they are allowed
    to be. (Depending upon the minor posting signs: NO MINORS

  • Minors are not allowed to mix drinks or function solely as a bartender
    or cocktail server (includes bar-back positions).

  • Minor servers may enter areas prohibited to minors only long enough
    to pick up drink orders (to be served in a non-restricted dining area),
    bus tables, deliver ice or food. They are NOT allowed to take orders in a
    restricted area.

  • Cashiers who collect payment for alcohol (in pizza parlors, bowling
    alleys, family restaurants, etc.) are considered to be 'selling' and are
    required to have a permit.